Saturday, May 31, 2014

Niagara Falls







Last summer I traveled to Niagara Falls. It is located about 150 km from Toronto and is on the border between Canada and the United States of America. There are a total of 3 waterfalls that drain from Lake Erie into Lake Ontario. The falls area total height of 50 meters. I went in the summer time and the falls were very beautiful. You could hear the water crashing and feel the mist that came off from the falls.


I went on a boat ride called Maid of the Mist where a ferry takes you in the middle of the river and very close to the falls. They gave us ponchos and as we were getting closer to the falls I could feel the mist from the falls which actually felt like we were in the middle of a rainstorm. I could barely see anything because of the rain, but I was able to get a number of good pictures. I also saw a nice rainbow.


The view from the Canadian side of Niagara Falls is much nicer than the American side. Looking across the border, there were not that many tourists, and all the nice hotels and tourist attractions are on the Canadian side. In the evening there were lights that were shining onto the falls and made them look very pretty.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chen,
    Sounds like a fascinating place to visit. The word "drain" in the second sentence has provoked a lively debate on Facebook when I asked colleagues to come up with alternatives - you can see HERE

    I am hoping to visit the falls next year when I am in Canada and from your post it sounds like I am going to get a better view!
    L

    ReplyDelete