Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Unpleasant Experience In The Classroom

 
Hi everybody,
I would like to share with you an unpleasant experience I had during the "teaching practice week".  The beginning of the lesson was stressful because the students didn’t arrive and I was being observed by a teacher from the college.  Earlier, during the break I'd seen their replacement English teacher (their regular teacher was in the U.S) and I'd reminded her to send me the students. But in spite of this the students didn’t turn up. Then, a few arrived. I asked one of them to go downstairs to her class and call the others, but she herself didn’t come back. Finally, I was forced to go down myself 15 minutes after the lesson should have started. I found the students with the teacher, who was giving them back their test, and discussing it with them. She hadn’t even told me what she was going to do it! It all made me feel tense and it was very tiring having to run up and down after the students. In addition, the students didn’t have time to present their work. I saw that teacher after the lesson and I told her that it had been difficult for me running after the students and she just laughed. In general, I feel that experienced teachers sometimes need to be more sensitive to the difficulties faced by "students teachers", especially when they are being observed. After all, they were students themselves, once.
Have a good week,
Natalie
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Natalie,
    I'm sorry for you..hope it will get better from now on.. :)
    Chen

    ReplyDelete